This is the John Offerman House. The original two-story, four-room house was built by E. Hancock in 1857 and was the first building in the Heller tract. Two one-story rooms were added in the 1870s. These two additions were compatible in style and scale with the older part of the house, whose features hint at Greek Revival. It was purchased by John and Joanna Offerman in 1889. John Offerman came to Redwood City in 1866 and remained a resident until his death in 1902. He was the County Treasurer for two terms and established the first Masonic Order between San Francisco and San Jose. He also operated two general stores and a brewery in Redwood City. This house was listed as a California State Point of Historic Interest in 1974 and in 2015 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. "