The Lathrop-Connor-Mansfield House was built in 1863, in the Carpenter / Steamboat Gothic style by the first San Mateo County Clerk / Recorder and Assessor, B.G. Lathrop. The house was moved in 1905 from behind the Central Grammar School on Broadway to its current location at 627 Hamilton. Other notable owners included Civil War General Patrick Connor, and Joel Mansfield, Sheriff of San Mateo County. This building is one of the oldest houses on the peninsula and is listed on the National Register of Historical Places.
This historic house is a museum chock full of wonderful historic memorabilia, has docent-led tours, and the has the Tarnished Doorknobs, Antiques & Collectibles Shop inside.