Next is Dessin Bros-Barnbauer Motors. In 1924, Main Street was Redwood City's Auto Row. The Dessin Bros. (H.W. and W.J. Dessin) were Burlingame auto dealers. In May of 1924, they opened a Dodge dealership in the old Bell Theater on Main St. near Stambaugh. That space was too small, so they bought the lot at 1101 Main St. In 1931 they constructed the large angular building that housed sales offices, a showroom, a machine shop, and an auto parts store. The brothers operated here through 1935, eventually the dealership became the Dodge headquarters for Ferris Miles. The building is a single story, one-part commercial block, divided into a series of bays with expansive display windows. Built in the Gothic Style, the building was designed to evoke feelings of richness, luxuriance, and artistic quality, important ambiance to sell top of the line automobiles.