DATE OF BIRTH
DATE OF DEATH
CAUSE OF DEATH
The next stop is John Sears who came by steamer around the Horn in 1850 to seek gold. He went to the redwoods to operate a hotel near the sawmills. The town became known as "Searsville." By 1861 he moved to La Honda and built a house, hotel, and a blacksmith shop. The blacksmith shop became a State Historic Landmark and is now known as Applejacks.
Historic Union Cemetery Page: John Sears