Late 1800s, recent renovation 2016
The Tea Garden, which was originally part of the Dingee Estate, was built in the late 1800s. When the school district acquired the property, they designed the school around the garden, recognizing it as a valuable resource for students and faculty. After Dingee completed his mansion in 1905, a rockery behind it became a landscape setting. After the school was built on the mansion site, students called this area ""the Garden of the Cherokee." About 1929, members of the Japanese Club transformed it into a beautiful Japanese Tea Garden.
See more at: Redwood City historical blog-Sequoia High School